Thursday, August 28, 2008

Weekly Happenings

We've been busy in our garden, eating carrots, tomatoes, cantaloupe, watermelon and a few green beans.
Before--April 2008

After--August 2008
When we moved into our house, the yard, front and back, was a disaster. We've worked hard trying to fix it up.


We've been pretty busy this week. Adam has been really enjoying Kindergarten. He acts like he's been going for years--totally adjusted. He's had two trips to the office, though. On Monday he fell at recess and hit his head on some concrete. He had a huge knot on his forehead and was complaining about feeling nauseous so the nurse thought he may have a concussion. He's okay now. On Tuesday he got busy in class and forgot to go the bathroom. When I picked him up, I noticed he had a different shirt on . I thought perhaps he traded with one of his friends. Then I noticed different shorts, socks, and shoes. I put two and two together.
Matt starts Joy School (homeschool preschool) next week. Two friends and I will be doing it. We only have a small group, however, we've been busy getting everything ready for that.
And, crazy us, we've started renovating our kitchen this week, too. First, we'll be painting our cupboards and changing the hardware. Next, we'll change some appliances. Then do new countertops and backsplash. We've got a three month timeline. We're doing everything ourselves except for the countertops.
So, that's our week.
P.S. Robert just called. He's bringing home a kitten tonight. He's seen a little kitty outside the courthouse the past week or two and feels so bad because it looks like it's starving. What am I getting myself in to? Oh, well, the boys will love it!









6 comments:

Andrea said...

your yard looks fantastic! Good luck renovating and with the new kitten! I'm glad Adam's adjusted and good luck with joy school! Fun!

Jess said...

your lawn looks so nice! you guys have really been working hard. Good luck with the kitty! My kids wish I would be so nice.

Holly said...

You yard looks great. Will the kitty be there for Thanksgiving? I am afraid of cats.

Kim said...

Congrats on the new pet, and your house looks awesome! Give me a call if you have any questions with the cat.

Angela said...

Awesome job on the yard it looks awesome!!!!! I didn't know Robert was such an animal lover, good luck with the new pet!

Susan said...

Your home looks beautiful! What a lot of work you have done (and are still doing).