Saturday, November 20, 2010

"Use The Force"

Adam had his 8th birthday party today. Wow, what a party. We had 11 boys here. And it was non-stop energy. In hindsight, we insanely had the party last for three hours. When things got a bit crazy, I reminded myself that it only happens once a year and for only a few hours. And that I can handle that. Adam is really into Star Wars so that was the theme of the party. I bought a bunch of wrapping paper and used the rolls to make lightsabers. We spray painted the "handles" silver and let the boys decorate them and then they each chose what color they wanted the "blade" (red, green or blue). As you can see in the photo below, they were a big hit. And since 8 year old boys can be a bit rough, they didn't last too long. While they were playing with them, I kept a roll of clear packing tape handy to do any repairs on the lightsabers. We fed the boys pizza and cupcakes for lunch. We also had a pinata and a bunch of others games.


1 comment:

Angela said...

So much fun!!!! Aren't you glad you have the basement!!!