Monday, January 24, 2011

Adam Update

I've been thinking about Adam a lot lately. It was three years ago this past week that Adam was diagnosed with OCD and starting his rigorous therapy. I was talking with him about it and he said he doesn't even remember any of the rituals he used to do. I was surprised that he didn't have any memory of washing his hands constantly and thinking everything was contaminated. Now he can so how illogical those actions were. He has been doing great. He says he doesn't feel like he has OCD anymore. That would be nice, but unrealistic, since it's a lifelong disorder. He is doing so well that he hasn't had any treatment or medication since last summer.
I've also noticed that he seems more easygoing and happy, and he doesn't take himself or life so seriously. He laughs at himself more readily. It's really refreshing to see him more relaxed. I've noticed this since he was baptized, so I think it is the Holy Ghost that is calming him.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a very strong little boy!

Holly said...

That is awesome. It is amazing what the spirit and Christ's atonement can do for us.

Susan said...

That's wonderful! I was also thinking how blessed you were to find such a good therapist.

Heidi and Robert said...

Adam is the most awesomest person to ever be on earth. From Adam

Heidi and Robert said...

POOP YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! From Adam

Anonymous said...

The story about Adam made me very emotional (Cry, cry) because I know without a shadow of a doubt that is the Holy Ghost!
Grandma and Grandpa Chichi