Sunday, April 15, 2012

Kansas City Temple Open House

While in Kansas City, we attended the temple open house.  We've been looking forward to this since the temple announcement in October 2008.  It is a beautiful building on the outskirts of Kansas City, near Liberty, Missouri.  I was really drawn to the windows--the number and color of the panes.  The boys still aren't mature enough or at an age to truly appreciate the experience of attending the open house, but I think it will be something they will always remember.  It really is a wonderful blessing for the members in the KC area.  During our tour I kept thinking about all of the early Saints and pioneers that had lived in that part of the country and all of the struggles and experiences they had.  What a joyful time it is probably for them too, to know that there is now a temple there.    
  



1 comment:

Susan said...

It's a miracle those earlier Saints probably thought would never happen -- and a memorial to all they went through for us.