Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Conference, Birthday and Baby

This past weekend was General Conference and Robert's birthday (Sunday).  It was a busy weekend.  A friend also had her baby Friday morning, so I took care of her other children for a couple of days.  We had prearranged this so I was expecting her call some time.  However, when it came at 2am Friday morning I was a bit frantic.  Knowing her water had broke but not knowing how short her labors tended to be, I quickly made Adam and Matt's lunches, made sure Robert was coherent enough to know I was leaving and rushed over within 10 minutes.  In the morning I got the three oldest off to school and brought the two younger ones home to my house.  Gavin loved having his 'friends' over to play.  We had them over again Saturday evening while my friend came home and rested a bit.  This is baby #6 so she needed some peace and quiet before the chaos began. 
During all of this I had also planned on having some activities for the boys during Conference.  I printed off a bunch of activity sheets, set up a Lego table (to build church-related items), had a snack basket , pictures of the prophets/apostles and places to write notes.  Nothing like watching four sessions of conference with young children.  By Sunday afternoon, they were bouncing off the walls...literally.  Adam would doing a handstand on the couch, then run behind it and jump up on the wall and then repeat it.  Over and over.  And....then we had a bit of a birthday for Robert.  Saturday evening, before the priesthood session, we went out to eat.  Sunday morning I made a favorite breakfast of his--'breakfast treat'--something his mom would make it as a kid.  Then we opened presents before conference.  He received the obligatory shirts and ties.  And some chocolates.  Dinner was steak and mashed potatoes.  His big present came last month--a trip to Miami.  So I've included a couple of photos from the trip.  Certainly we went to the beach but I've included photos of things we don't typically do. 
 
 




We went to a Miami Marlins baseball game.  It was in the new stadium--very nice.


We also checked out American Airlines Arena--home of the Miami Heat basketball team, NBA champs.

No comments: