This year has been very eventful already. And for that reason I am WAY behind on my posts. It started out great. We got a New Years snowstorm and took the boys sledding. Hard to believe there is actually a hill in western Kansas (yes, the hill is man-made). The boys had a great time. I thought Gavin might be a bit tentative but nope, he kept up with Matt, our daredevil. Most of the time Matt, Gavin and I would squeeze onto a sled and ride down the hill. Usually about half way down we would start spinning and Matt would fly off.
Isn't Matt cute? He looks like an elf, with his ears and hat.
Here goes Matt, at the top.
Halfway down.
And at the bottom--with his hat cocked to the side.
Adam was a great sport, often taking Gavin down. It was great fun. However, the fun soon ended--as in the next day. Robert was headed to his bishopric meeting and slipped on some ice on our walkway. He fell and broke his ankle. He had surgery on it. A plate and four pins are now part of his anatomy. He had a cast for 6 weeks. Once that was removed, he still wasn't allowed to put any weight on it. He is now starting to put weight on it. He goes to physical therapy three times a week and will be extremely happy to get rid of those darn crutches. There have been many days I have felt like a single mom with an extra child with all the help I give to Robert. I must say, though, I have been amazed at how much work he has still been able to do. Being self-employed we do not have paid sick leave. If he doesn't work, we don't get paid. Heavenly Father has really blessed us. He's worked mainly from home, taking appointments by phone instead of in his office. I've driven him to court many, many times, and he's hired a young gal from church to be his courier. So, it's all worked out. Hopefully only a week or two left before he's fully functioning again.
The other day he told me he would do dishes for a month once he was better. I joked he should do them for two months, since he hasn't done any chores for two months.
1 comment:
So glad Robert is on the mend. You have both been through a lot, and have been very resourceful! The sledding looks fun. It reminds me of my childhood in Utah, where hills are usually not manmade. Kansans are some of the most resourceful people on earth!
Post a Comment