Friday, January 17, 2014

Mesa, Arizona

We spent three days in Mesa with Robert's brother, Mike and his family--wife Jamie and daughters Kieralyn, Hadley and Ryah.  It was really nice to spend time with them.  Robert's folks were also there so we had a good time all together.  We have three boys and they have three girls, with only Hadley and Gavin being the same age.  We wondered how and if they would play together.  But, they got along great and had fun playing.  One evening all the kids, minus baby Ryah, were jumping on and sliding down the air mattresses.  We brought our rowdiness with us but the girls seemed to like it. 
While in Mesa, we played at the park, visited an orange orchard (the citrus is in season--we brought oranges and grapefruits home), saw the Mesa Temple christmas lights, and had a birthday celebration for me. 

 Five of the cousins together--Matthew, Gavin, Hadley, Kieralyn and Adam.  Ryah was already in bed.
 
 Celebrating my 40th birthday. 
We went out to dinner with Robert's folks, Mike & Jamie, my folks and my best college roommate, Angela Lunt.  We ate yummy mexican food at Matta's.  It was fun that we were all in Phoenix at the same time.  I always make it a point to see Angela when I'm in Phoenix.  We've been friends for over 20 years.  I just wish I would have taken some pictures at our dinner.


 We also went to Papago Park in Tempe.  I used to ride my bike up here at least once a week when I was at ASU.  It is a natural park with giant rocks to climb up on.  I knew the boys would like this.  We climbed up to the 'Hole-in-the-Rock'.  From the lookout there is a nice view of downtown Phoenix. 

 Adam, Gavin and Matt hiking up the trail.
 
 Exploring the rocks--Robert, Gavin and Adam
 
 We made it to the top.  There is a bit of a cave so the boys climbed up into it.
 
Here's the view from the top.  In the distance you can see the buildings of downtown. 


1 comment:

Angela said...

We were having too much fun for pictures! So glad we could get together while you were in AZ!!! It means a lot to me :)