Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sleeping All Night

Gavin has finally reached the stage of sleeping through the night. And I don't just mean the technical definition--midnight to 5am--but all night. Hallelujah!! He's done it the past two nights. I nurse him at 9:30pm and he has slept until 6:30-7am. That's what I define 'sleeping through the night'. I had been keeping him up later, 10-10:30, but he would just fuss and fuss. So I thought I would try putting him to bed earlier and hoped he wouldn't wake up an hour earlier. It worked. Not only did we have less fussy but more sleep. I've been a bit more lax with teaching Gavin to sleep through the night. With Matt I pretty much enforced it once he hit 8 weeks. I've let Gavin set the pace a bit more, but I was starting to get a bit impatient, so I'm glad now that at 10 1/2 weeks he is now doing it on his own.

1 comment:

Susan said...

The words of an experienced mother!