Saturday, September 11, 2010

Growing Up

Earlier this week Matt and Adam were discussing who was stronger. Matt said he was 'cause he could do more push-ups. Of course Adam countered that and said he could. So, they both got down on the floor to see who could do the most push-ups. Adam did a typical kid push-up with his bum in the air, but Matt had the correct form and quickly did 10 of them. This caught me by surprise. Not that Matt hasn't always been athletic and quite stocky, but that he could do push-ups properly at his age. I told him to let me feel his muscles. I noticed that his biceps, triceps and shoulders seemed to be quite a bit stronger. So, I asked him if he had been practicing doing push-ups. He replied that he hadn't. So, then I asked what he had been doing to get stronger arms. He said that he's been doing chin-ups during recess.

Adam went to a classmate's birthday party this week. It was the first girl party he has been invited to. He even received a princess invitation. I wasn't sure if he would want to go but he said he did. When I took him over to Alexa's house, I noticed there were 6-7 girls there but no boys. Alexa's mom (who happens to be Matt's kindergarten teacher) told Adam not to worry, that more boys were coming. After the party ended and Adam came home, he told us about the party. He said, "When I went inside, all these girls swarmed around me and my stomach felt weird and I didn't know what to do". Both Robert and I started laughing.

2 comments: