Sunday, October 10, 2010

5 Months

Weight: 15 lbs. 3 oz.
Height: 25 inches
This month Gavin has focused a lot on using his hands. He tends to favor his left hand. Adam was the same way and ended up left-handed so we'll see what happens with Gavin. He is quite adept now at holding and grabbing things. He isn't interested in being on the floor. He justs wants to stand up on our laps. I'm beginning to wonder if he'll learn to roll over and sit on time. He can somewhat sit by himself--with his arm out front propping him up. For the past two weeks he's been repeating the same sound all day long. He's almost ready to cut his first tooth. We can see it just below the gum. He has a new schedule now. It's taken the entire month to kind of figure it out. He dropped a feeding and a nap. So, now he nurses 5 times/day and naps 3 times/day. He wakes up about 7:30am and nurses; takes a nap around 10am; nurses at 11am; eats lunch=veggies; naps at 1:30-2pm; nurses again at 2-2:30pm; naps for the last time at 5:30-6pm; nurses, and then nurses again at 8:30pm before bedtime. He doesn't sleep for long periods during the day. Each nap is only 30-40 minutes. But, at night he does great. Once he's in bed, he rarely makes a peep. I usually check on him because he's so quiet. As for baby food, he's happily tried cereal, carrots and sweet potatoes. We'll start fruit in a couple of weeks. He smiles a lot and loves to have people talk to him.
Hey, sweetie--come here often?


"I've fallen and I can't get up."


4 comments:

Jamie VanDyke said...

He is just so darn cute! I love reading about your kiddos!

Kenningtons said...

He's so cute!!! He's changed so much since we last saw you and that was just barely more than a month ago (wasn't it??). I can't believe he's about to cut a tooth. I'm also jealous he sleeps so soundly through the night. Those days for us are a distant memory.

Susan said...

What a happy, healthy boy!

Anonymous said...

When we see him again he may be walking!!The third child grows so fast and they know every thing thanks to the help of their older siblings. They are easy to raise. This is just our opinion. Moker and Papi