Gavin is 11 months old today.
Weight: 19 lbs. 4 oz.
Height: 29 inches
(Gavin's favorite sitting position)
Gavin is so much fun. I love this age. He's getting mobile and learning to talk and express himself. He's cruising everywhere and is beginning to take steps on his own. Yesterday he took three steps. When he stands without holding on to anything, he grins from ear to ear, so pleased with himself. He's also starting to talk and mimic what we say. He says:
"da-da"
"mom-mom-mom"
"Maa"-Matt
Yesterday after climbing up all the stairs he said "did it". Both Adam and I looked at each other in shock. Then we replied "you did it". Which then Gavin replied back "did it". I'm not sure he quite understands what he's saying but knows enough to vocalize those sounds when he's reached the top of the stairs.
He naps once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I'm about ready, though, for him to stop napping in the morning. I'm tired of not being able to do much of anything or go anywhere in the morning.
Gavin's a very happy baby. He loves to be around other people, especially children. He gets very excited when he can get something he really wants, i.e. the computer, tv remote, cell phone. He studies how things work. I can just see his mind thinking as he plays with things. He's really into the swinging gate--see how the gate opens and closes and how it catches and locks closed. In some regards he reminds me of Adam on how he focuses intently.
1 comment:
Little Gavin looks so mischievous. We love his smile. He looks like a happy camper! We can hardly wait to see him during Easter weekend. Love, Grandpa & Grandma Chichi
Post a Comment