Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tender-Hearted

My folks are leaving on their mission to Germany next month.  Adam has been quite distraught about this because he won't get to see them for two years.  He doesn't like goodbyes or having his life change in any big way.  I then had to tell him his Aunt Holly was also moving further away, to Seattle.  He looked at me, put his head down on the table, and started to cry.  Hopefully these changes won't be as hard to adjust to as he thinks.   

3 comments:

Holly said...

Adam,

I will still come and visit so that we can play and I can give you a wedgie. Maybe you can come visit me too. Besides, I have to come visit so that I can beat you at the Wii.

Susan said...

I'm sad when I say goodbye to you, Adam -- but then I start thinking about the next time I will see you. And then -- I'm happy! Just think, you will be really grown up when your grandparents come back from their mission -- you'll be 10! And they'll say, "My, how you've grown, Adam!" In the meantime, you can write letters and tell them about the things you are doing. When I write letters I don't feel so lonely. It works!

Anonymous said...

Adam, We know it is very sad to say goodbye, but think that Grandpa
and Grandma Leonard are going to work for our Heavenly Father every day. Your family will get a lot of blessings because of this. Two years will go sooo fast! Then we will have party when they come back. We are also going to miss them a lot!! Love,
Grandpa & Grandma Chichi