Thursday, July 7, 2011
Life is a Teeter-Totter
I feel like my current life is one huge balancing act--teetering between my family and my calling. I spend a lot of time on the phone and away from home now, either at meetings or on visits. I can tell it's been hard on my kids. A lot of things have had to take the backburner, both for me and for Robert. My projects go undone because I'm too busy; Robert's go undone because he's covering for me and/or with the boys. We didn't plant a garden this year and I don't want to even talk about the rest of our yard. Matthew has always been a momma's boy, but lately he's much more attached. He's been playing t-ball this summer. He likes it but doesn't like to go to the games without me. He's refused to go to a couple of them because I had meetings. Tonight is his last one and it will be only the second one I'll have attended. Oftentimes, he waits up for me to get home, trying to stay awake in his bed. I think it will just take time for everyone to get used to our new "normal". We leave for Miami on Monday. It will be really nice to have that time together as a family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hopefully your calling isn't like the big kid who comes and sits on your teeter-totter and sends you flying off!! Good luck and I'm sure you will have many blessings from your and your family's sacrifice! And PLEASE call me if you need anything!
Have a wonderful time in Miami -- it sounds like you all need some family time. We're glad you get to relax and enjoy the beach.
Heidi, I don't envy your calling. I know it's got to be tough. You sure are doing a fantastic job and we all feel of your love. I know your family will be blessed.
Post a Comment