Sunday, July 31, 2011

Miami Trip

We made our usual  summer pilgrimage to Miami this month.  We were there for 11 days.  It was a much more low-key trip this time because all three boys got sick, which left us inside for about a week.  As a result I didn't take very many pictures.  Before the sick monster raised it's ugly head, we spent time at the beach and pool every day, took Adam and Matt on a boat ride, saw a couple of movies and swam some more.  While the boys took turns being sick, Rob and I took turns at the beach and pool. 



 Matt, Adam, Robert's dad and Robert on our boat ride.  We went around Miami's port, Key Biscayne, past all the rich & famous homes and other small islands near Miami.  Adam enjoyed it; Matt was bored.  Exciting side note--I saw a dolphin jump up out of the water and then dive back down--first time I've seen one in the "wild". 


 This was the view from our bedroom.  Not too shabby, eh! 



Adam and Matt on our drive home from the airport.  We were all going a bit crazy.  It's no fun living seven hours away from the airport.  Another exciting side note--we drove right past a tornado.  It was literally right across the road from us.  As we were approaching it, we kept asking in unbelief, "is that a tornado?" and hoping we would get past it before it crossed the road. 

3 comments:

Holly said...

Well despite a visit from Uncle Vomit I am glad you had a good time. And you saw a Tornado; are you guys closet storm chasers?

Susan said...

I think that is just about all the excitement one family can stand for a while!

Susan said...

I have to add: What gorgeous blue water and white sand!!