Friday, May 30, 2014

New Bed/New Room

A right of passage occurs in our family when a 4th birthday is celebrated.  The boys get to move up from a toddler bed to a real bed.  Gavin was just as excited as Adam and Matt were when they turned 4.   

 Gavin wanted to make sure he had all of his stuffed "aminals" on his bed as well as his Thomas the Train wall stickers.

 Here's Gavin with his favorite "bear-bear".  He can't live without him.


In April, Robert and I went to Denver for an overnight stay.  This was to attend the temple and look for office furniture.  We didn't find any office furniture but instead bought stuff for the boys.  Matt and Gavin got new bunkbeds, shelves and desk.  When I look at these photos there seems to be a lot in their room, but it makes me happy.  It is decorated how they want it, with the things that they like.  Sure, I could dictate more how their room looks and how it is decorated, but I like giving them the freedom to express their own personalities.  And really, in the long run, it doesn't matter if their room looks like a Pottery Barn catalog.



1 comment:

Susan said...

I love the bed! The room is way better than Pottery Barn!