Friday, May 30, 2014
Science Fair
Adam participated in the 5th grade science fair. And won it! He initially wanted to build a maglev train---that is a magnetic-levitating train. When I did a bit of research to learn what a maglev train was I learned that there is only one in the world--in China. And the Germans and Japanese are still working on the engineering to build one. I told Adam there was no way I could build one. We then talked to his teacher and he too told Adam he needed to "dumb" down his project. So, Adam's second choice was the make and test different metals as electromagnets. He tested zinc, iron and steel. Iron nails are no longer made so we had to track down some antique ones on Ebay. He worked hard on his project, and we're proud of his efforts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great job, Adam!
Post a Comment