Monday, September 15, 2008

Busy in the Kitchen

I've been busy in the kitchen this weekend. I bought some GREAT Colorado peaches and made jam with them. Dee-lish!! Then I made a bunch of salsa. We've been getting lots of tomatoes and jalapenos from our garden. The salsa tastes so fresh! Yum! I made a couple of batches and stuck them in the freezer.

We've now moved onto Phase 2 of our kitchen re-do. We bought new appliances on Saturday--new dishwasher, cooktop and wall oven. We should get them later this week. Our current cooktop and wall oven are the originals ones--40+ years old. I can't wait to get rid of them. I'll post pictures once they get installed.

A couple of other exciting things to note: I'm going to be helping in Adam's kindergarten class every Wednesday afternoon. Adam is super excited about this and it should be fun.
Yesterday, we saw some friends (the Aceves family) from Emporia (we lived there before here) in church. It was a lot of fun to catch up with them. They may possibly be moving here so they were checking out the area. They had forgotten we lived here and were just as surprised to see us as we were to see them.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Yum, yum, YUM!! Can you send some of that jam my way?

That would be so wonderful to have the Aceves family join you there! They are so awesome. It would be nice for them to know a family before they moved to help answer questions and stuff.