So, I'm finally getting an update in. We've been super busy renovating our kitchen. We've redone our cabinets (painted them). We just have to put the new handles on. Here are some 'before and after' photos. Our next projects will be new appliances and granite countertops.
Before
There's been a lot going on these past couple of weeks. I always think, "next week won't be as busy" but that never happens.
Adam is doing well in school. His favorite activities are computer time and recess. He bought lunch for the first time on Friday. He was very excited. Of the 22 kids in his class, he is the ONLY ONE that brings his lunch. Am I the only one that finds that amazing? Is it not the norm anymore to bring your lunch to school?
Matthew has started Joy School (it's like homeschool preschool). There are three of us doing it, and we rotate each week where we have it and who teaches. He's really enjoying it. It's at our house this week.
My aunt and uncle stayed with us this weekend. It was fun to have them here since we don't get many visitors. They were on their way home to Utah after spending time with grandkids in Texas.
So, that's what's been going on. We'll see if the next couple of weeks will be less busy--probably not.
6 comments:
Okay your cupboards look AWESOME! You might have inspired me to do the same instead of getting all new. Did you have to sand them down or anything like that first? I'm clueless...
Wow the kitchen already looks amazing!! Can't wait to see it with the finishing touches. I remember one day when I was at my kids elementary school a child walked up to me and said "You pack your kids a lunch, you must be a really nice mom, I always have to eat at school even if I don't like it." Now I don't think everyone out there eating school lunch is being forced to do so, my kids get it when they want it but it really struck me that packing a lunch is a nice way to send a little piece of home to school. Do you think a lunch box with my picture on it saying "Make good choices" would be pushing my luck?
Your kitchen does look awesome!!! It's amazing what paint does! My kids are also the only ones in their class to bring their lunch. A lot of the kids get free or reduced lunches, too, though. When I was growing up we qualified for reduced lunches but I never really wanted school lunch. Maybe I realized that pb and j packed by my mom was still better!
Heidi,
Great job on your kitchen! It is alot of work but the end result is worth it. They say kitchens sell homes so enjoy it for awhile before it is time to move on. Glad to hear Adam is loving school. What school does he attend ? After graduating from college I got my first job in Liberal working for the state so we lived there for two yrs and I used to go to mtgs in garden city so I kinda know my way around. I thought it was a big thing that they had Target and I am sure they have much more now!
Whoa! That really brightened you kitchen! It looks great! Good luck with the rest of your renovations!
You've done so much work on your kitchen- at it is all paying off! Congrats- you have our admiration. I'm sure you can't wait to get the new appliances in- that'll make a big difference for you with all your harvesting activities (canning, baking, etc) around your garden.
Post a Comment