Thursday, January 15, 2009

Busy Week

I've been slow to post anything new because it's been a busy week. On Sunday, Robert and I were called to teach the Temple Prep class. Everyone I've talked with that has taught this class has said that's it's a great calling. We're excited about it. Cheers to calling #5. Monday was spent doing laundry and having a Joy School meeting. Tuesday, Matt had Joy School. I cleaned the house in preparation for playgroup. (Hals, I had 35,000 steps today). We had playgroup at our house on Wednesday. We had a surprise baby shower for our friend, Kaysi, during playgroup. We had a potluck lunch-soup, salad and sandwiches. We had a seven moms and 13 kids here. Then, Matt and I spent a couple of hours helping in Adam's class. This morning, Thursday, I took Matt to preschool and then Adam and I drove down to Liberal for an appt. with his OCD doctor. Since school started last week, Adam has started to wash his hands a lot. He says he's not nervous about school starting again, however, any type of change causes him anxiety which just feeds his OCD. So, we're back to doing our exercises to get Mr. Worry out of here. Tomorrow I'm buying groceries--I've been putting this off all week--and attending an awards assembly at Adam's school. Saturday is a bridal shower for a friend and a date-night with Rob. Plus, KU is playing. Oh, and since Christmas break, Adam has been obsessed with UNO, so we've been playing that every evening. He keeps score and wants to keep playing until he has won the most games. This sounds like one of his uncles--doesn't it, Derek?

4 comments:

Alexis said...

We cut Derek off on Settlers- he has a three game limit per night.

Holly said...

Wow, 35k, I struggle just to get the recommended 10,000.

Derek said...

I never kept score past 2,000 for UNO and Heidi you got 35,000. I think that is a record that not even I will break.

Derek said...

Long-distance running is a good outlet for obsessions and proper (not over-) competitiveness. Way to go Adam!