Saturday, January 31, 2009

Weekly Happenings

It's been a week or so since I last wrote. Things are going well. This week it was my turn to teach preschool. We also had a bit a snow at the beginning of the week. I'm glad that's all gone and the sunshine and warmer temperatures have returned. The boys and I were playing soccer in the backyard this afternoon. They got the crazy notion that it was warm enough to play in the sprinklers. They put their swimsuits on, however, Rob and I axed that idea before they got wet.
Adam's second tooth fell out this morning. So, the two middle bottom ones are gone. One of the adult teeth is starting to show. The tooth fairy will be visiting tonight.
Matt is constantly a character. He loves the new "Alvin and the Chipmunks" movie and loves to quote lines from it. It's crazy to think he's only 3 years old but already quotes movie lines--what a guy thing to do. His two current favorite lines are "Well, helloooo, gorgeous!", and "We hit the motherload!". I also found him yesterday standing in the front window, flashing everyone that was passing by--and we live on a relatively busy street. He thought it was just too funny. He is always looking for ways to get a laugh out of us.
Rob is working hard to lose weight. So, we've been doing Weight Watchers together. He's lost over 10 lbs. (5 lbs. for me) this month.
And one more bit of news---we filed our federal taxes. Yeah, for returns. And yeah for paying tithing that helps us get bigger returns!!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Hooray for tithing blessings! I can't believe anyone does taxes earlier than Derek- I keep waiting for him to bring it up as a date activity.