Thursday, February 12, 2009

Beware of the Mail

Yesterday I noticed Adam and Matt were hiding behind the couch. They seemed a little suspicious because I could hear them giggling. I went to check it out and found them looking at the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue that we had just got in the mail. They were flipping through each page and would say, "look at her buns"--hahahaha. Who knew that a sports magazine could cause such trouble for mom and such amusement for little boys.
And then the kicker--Adam looked at the girl on the cover and asked,
A: "Is that what girls look like?"
Me (a bit confused): "Uh, you know what girls look like. I'm a girl."
A: "Yeah, but you don't look like that."
Ouch!!--the truth hurts.

8 comments:

Annie said...

Heidi - this story is hilarious. I love that they were hiding behind the couch. Too funny.

Owen said...

Just remember, models don't actually look like that either. There is a lot of air brushing and editing in Photoshop that goes on before they publish the magazines. It is very easy to remove blemishes and blotchy skin, enlarge things, and reduce other things. You should have Kim give you a demo of what she can do in Photoshop.

Kim said...

It's true! I can take as many pounds off as we want and add shape where there was none! Send me a pic of you in front of a plain background and I can do anything!

Andrea said...

Wow, that is funny!
Just for that comment, I think I'd go through each picture and black out body parts!
And wow, it sounds like it's nice to have Kim for a friend. Have her do one and give it to Robert!

Chanda Starr said...

At least we see that boys are just born boys and moms just look like moms.

Sharee said...

Wow~ That is hilarious!

Angela said...

Ya, well lets see what those girls look like after having two children and nursing them!

Alexis said...

Heidi, how funny and how much truth there is this story. Even at 6 & 3, they knew something was not quite right in their actions- hiding behind the couch to look at a magazine! And if you black out the body parts in the magazine, then it'll be just like your magazine came from Saudi (no joke). I had a friend who's 3 yr old boy told her "I like girls with long hair and not very many clothes on." She was shocked and then looked around to see the magazine covers as they stood in the check out line! It starts SOOO early.