Every year for the Superbowl we go all out with the snacks and goodies. This year was no exception. We had a 'eat-whatever-you-want-because-tomorrow-we-go-back-to-counting-our-points-day'. I tend to go overboard on food, always thinking of more and more things I can make or buy. Yesterday we had: ribs and coleslaw, lil' smokies, 2 kinds of chips, cookies, pizza, onion rings, cheesecake, candy(6 kinds), soda, grapes and strawberries.
Here's Adam and Matt helping put together the candy tray. They were VERY EXCITED!!
I've also decided to post a recipe. It's something I made recently for a friend that had a baby. They enjoyed it and it's really easy--something that any busy mom would love.
Taco Soup (from Lion House Recipes)--I have tweeked this a bit for my liking.
1 lb. lean ground beef/turkey
1 med. onion, chopped
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 pkg. frozen corn or 1 can corn, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed (black beans would also be good)
1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 can(15 oz.) Rotel tomatoes
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
Brown meat and onions together. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes. Add a few crushed tortilla chips to each bowl. Ladle soup and top with cheese. You can also top with sour cream, green onions, etc. If you don't like the tomatoes chunky, puree in the blender before adding to the soup. Voila--dinner is served.
4 comments:
Hey, Thanks for commenting on my blog. I thought it was cute and fun to explore. If it isn't too far for you to go to it is worth going to once. There is only about enough stuff to do for one day. Hope this helps.
Mmmmm! All that food sounds so good! I think I might try out that soup too this week!
I hope you remembered to brush and floss afterwords.
Thanks for posting the recipe! Oh my sugar high, did the boys even go to bed after the game???!!!??? Masen is still in denial that the Card's lost. Oh well mabye next year!
Post a Comment