Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Last Day of Summer Vacay!!!

Today is the last day of summer vacation for Adam. School begins tomorrow! A couple of weeks ago I asked him if he was excited for school. He told me, "No, it's really going to cut into my time." That cracks me up; he sounds like an adult. On Saturday he received a postcard from his new teacher, Mrs. Crook. Since then, he's been getting excited. Especially since it's the teacher he wanted. (She lets them run 5 laps at recess; the other teacher only lets them run 3.) Last night we had a Back-to-School FHE. I showed them pictures of me when I was starting 1st grade and preschool and read to them from my baby book what I liked about both of those school years. Robert then gave them each a father's blessing, which they were both really excited about. This morning I told them we can do whatever they want today. They've decided they want some extra TV time, to play games, go to the playground, and to go to lunch. This evening we'll go to Adam's school to meet his teacher and see his classroom. And then tomorrow it's rise-n-shine for school at 8:20am.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Best wishes for a geeat school year, Adam!

Bit of Honey Training LLC said...

Exciting! The only vivid memory I have of first grade is of my teacher, Mrs. Louden, telling kids she would pull out their loose baby teeth. And she did. I was terrified all year. Don't tell your boys.

Chanda Starr said...

Good luck on the first day of school. School starts here on thursday and my baby starts kindergarten!