Matthew had his first day of preschool yesterday. To say he was not thrilled about it, is a HUGE understatement. He is such a momma's boy that he had no interest in going anywhere without me. For the past month he has told me repeatedly that he doesn't want to go to preschool and that he won't have fun and that he'll just stand in the corner and not doing anything. Too bad his tactics didn't work. The following pictures accurately represent my attempts at getting a "first day of school" photo. His actions say it all.
"Arrggghh, I don't want my picture taken."
"Arrggghh, I don't want my picture taken."
"You can't make me."
"See, I told you. You still can't make me."
"Fine. You can see part of my face." I took Matt into his class and stayed around for 10-15 minutes. He was not happy when I told him I was leaving and would be back later. I left and spent the next two hours wondering if he really was standing in the corner, ignoring everyone. When I picked him up he was smiling. As we walked to the car, he said, "Mom, I was wrong about something. I was wrong that I wasn't going to have fun." (Me)-"Did you have fun?" (Matt)-"Yeah, can I come again tomorrow? And next time, don't stay a long time when you bring me, just a short time." Ahhhh, victory! He's excited about school now and is bummed that he only gets to go three days a week. His teacher, Ms. Janine, really is wonderful. She has such a warm and friendly personality. Adam told Matt, "she just loves the kids."

6 comments:
Hooray! I'm so glad to hear that Matt did well and had fun!
Love the pictures! That is so funny! Glad he had fun!
Heh heh, that's sweet! What a funny guy. "I was wrong about something..." That is awesome. I am constantly amazed by how adult little kids can be. My nieces and nephews continually surprise me.
And hooray that Matt likes school!
What a great little guy Matt is!
Alright Matt! I am so proud of you. In fact I won't give you a supersonic wedgie, I will just give you a kids meal size wedgie!
That is soooo adorable!!!
Post a Comment