So, my stinkin' rash didn't improve last week. I went back to the dr.'s office on Monday. Thankfully, I got to see the nurse practitioner (my doc was out of town). The nurse practitioner is so thorough. She spent 45 minutes with me and asked me tons of questions--some I seriously wondered how or why they were related to a rash. She did blood work and felt like it was
1. Pregnancy Rash (PUPP)
and
2. A Strep Infection. Who knew? She said my white count was really high and asked if I had strep recently. I said no but I did have a bad sorethroat over Thanksgiving. She said that I probably did have strep in Nov. and my body was still fighting it and it was just showing up in my skin. (Probably also why I've been so worn out lately).
Thankfully, she gave me antibiotics and a steroid lotion. I've been using them this week and the rash is beginning to clear up. I'm not nearly as itchy, although, she did say it probably won't completely go away until the baby is born.
Speaking of baby, I've started to buy a couple of things. Really nothing too outlandish--only pacifiers and baby soap (both on clearance and I used coupons). Since it's a boy, I think we're pretty good on clothes. I do need to go through the bins since it's been years since I've even looked at our baby clothes. I think the only major things we need are a new carseat and stroller. And again, I'm always looking for the clearance deals.
3 comments:
So glad you know the problem now and that you're starting to feel better!
Nice. Much easier to handle than allergies, since those last forever.
Yay! I hope it continues to improve! So glad you got it figured out.
Good luck getting everything together that you need!
Post a Comment