Last night was Adam's first Pinewood Derby. He was quite excited. The theme was favorite sports teams, so he clearly chose KU. His car ended up being in the middle of the pack which was a bit disappointing for him (we're still working on losing graciously). Afterwards at home, I told him losing simply helps us do better the next time because it can teach us what we need to improve. He's quite competitve and is already thinking what he can do differently and better for next year's race. He did receive an award to "sticking to the theme the best".
4 comments:
I can identify, Adam! I came in dead last at my first pinewood derby, and 27 years later, I can still remember how it felt. Your mom is right: losing helps us improve for the next time. The next year I got second place, which was still a let down (but I learned to live with it).
Your car is wicked awesome, by the way!
Good job Adam. The most important thing is to learn from our losses; that is what makes us better.
You sure look handsome in your cub scout uniform -- and we really like your car. Good job!
We don't know if you told us or we just forgot that our Adam is a cub scout WOW!! Adam your car is so beautiful! Grandpa and Grandma Chichi went to a lot of competitions because of your dad and your uncle Eddie and Mike. We don,t remember who win or who didn't win but we still remember all the fun we had. Probaby if your dad and uncle Mike didn't win they were not happy, but uncle Eddie didn't mind one way or the other. Love you guys, The Chichis
Post a Comment