Sunday, November 6, 2011

Whirlwind 15 Days

Life has been so busy the past 15 days.  I have traveled the last three weeks.  Our first weekend out of town we went to the temple in Denver.  It was a quick overnight trip.  It was really great to go to the temple and also to see all the beautiful trees in Denver.  The following weekend I flew to Salt Lake City for the memorial on my Nanna.  She had died in England the previous month.  For all of those that couldn't attend the funeral there, we had a family memorial in Utah.  It was really nice to see my siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.  It was meant to be just an overnight trip, so I could be back for Sunday.  However, my plane in Salt Lake was delayed a few hours so I missed the connecting flight to Garden City.  I ended up staying the night in Denver.  Originally I was supposed to get home Saturday evening at 8pm.  I finally made it home Sunday afternoon at 2pm.  The frustrating thing was we only live five hours from Denver but I spent 24 hours waiting to get home.  I got home, had Halloween the next night, an awards assembly and class party for the boys and then left again Thursday afternoon for Kansas City.  My friends, Amber & Kim, and I headed up there to attend the Time Out for Women conference.  We spent Friday shopping and seeing the Footloose remake (loved it!), Friday evening at the conference and Saturday as well.  We had a great time.  We got home last night at 11:30pm.  Living out here in the boonies makes us immune to driving 6-7 hours to go somewhere.  I don't know how many times I've said, "it's only a six hour drive--no big deal".  I have no out-of-town plans for this weekend.  Thank goodness.  I've got a couple of weeks to recuperate before Thanksgiving break. 

1 comment:

Susan said...

I hope you got some rest after all this, Heidi! I remember that about people in Kansas -- they didn't think anything of driving distances -- 100 miles to a restaurant, 80 miles to a night class. I guess if you worried about the miles, you wouldn't do anything!