Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's Day was very low-key.  Adam came home sick from school.  Gavin had a cold.  And Robert just wasn't feeling great.  I put up some decorations the night before since the boys enjoy this.  They each found a gift bag at their seat on the table.  Just small things inside--a game, candies, and card.  Since Adam was scheduled to have basketball practice that evening, we had dinner at home.  However, neither Adam nor Gavin wanted to eat so it was a quiet dinner.  As for Valentines gifts for each other, Robert and I renewed our passports.  Romantic, huh?!  Actually, it was my idea.  Maybe the renewing isn't so exciting, but our trip to Europe this summer will be.  When I do think back on our day, it was nice just to be home with everyone.  And even though three of them were sick, we have each other to take care--we're not alone.  So, isn't that what Valentine's Day is really meant to be?  

No comments: