At the beginning of the year, Robert and I felt that Adam and Matt were old enough, and good enough readers, to read the Book of Mormon. Up to that point, we had our family scripture study using the illustrated scripture books. As motivation I made a big chart with every book and chapter in the Book of Mormon. With each chapter we read we colored in the corresponding square. We hung the chart at the end of the hall so we would see it each night before going to bed. Initially the boys were quite excited. However, that quickly waned. Quite quickly! This goal took a lot of patience--mine and Robert's patience. Oh, the complaining!!! We made it, though. We completed the entire Book of Mormon on December 28th. I jokingly told the boys we were going to start over on January 1st.
1 comment:
Good job! You are way ahead of where I was at your age, Matt and Adam!
Post a Comment