Gavin turned 2 last week on the 10th. Before then he didn't have any concept of birthdays. When he woke up that morning and saw all of the decorations, especially the balloons, he became very excited. All day he kept saying 'birthday'. Initially I had no plans for any type of theme but since he's into trains right now, I decorated his cake with trains and had train paperware.
He loves McDonalds so we had his birthday dinner there. Afterwards we came home to open presents and have cake. From us, he received a climbing slide, wooden puzzles, Thomas the Train block/lego set, KU basketball and bubble machine. G&G Kennington gave him Thomas and Elmo pajamas and a Thomas telephone. G&G Leonard gave him a German book with sound buttons (he loves the doorbell button). Nanna crocheted him a small blanket with the colors of the rainbow and a book all about colors
3 comments:
Happy birthday Gavin!!
Happy Birthday, Gavin! It looks like you had a lot of fun! I am glad you liked your rainbow blanket. Have fun learning your colors!
Wow- he looks so much older, especially in that last picture. I can't wait to see your boys this summer.
Post a Comment