Sunday, June 24, 2012

Living with our Two-Year Old

 YEAH, I'M 2 !!!
 Gavin turned 2 years old on May 10th.  His current stats are:
26 lbs.
33 in.
He's the exact same size Matthew was at this age.  Which could mean he'll be on the smaller side, like Matt.  Like most 2 year olds, his emotions change every two seconds.  And the tantrums have begun. 

Gavin loves to lay in our bed to watch TV or videos.  I think he learned that from Matt.  He also likes to run and wrestle with his brothers. 
Like all 2 year olds, he has discovered his nose and the "fun" he has from sticking his finger in it.  He counts consistently to 9, with great emphasis on 9, usually shouted.  He also consistently identifies red, blue and purple and a few letters.   
His favorite foods are strawberries, milk, Happy Meals (mainly for the apple juice), Capri-Suns, and gogurts.  He is a pickier eater now than a year ago. 
Gavin talks alot!  Half of what he says is understandable and the other half is not.  If he doesn't know a word or words he simply makes a shh-ing sound until he comes to the word in the sentence that he knows and then he says it.  He can speak well enough to tattle on his brothers.  He is often heard saying "Matthew did it" and commanding his brothers to "Obey!".  When asked to do something he doesn't want to do, like take a nap or eat a meal, he replies "not yet" in a sing-song voice. 
He is starting to recognize other children as friends and knows their names.  He loves Thomas the Train stuff and anything with wheels.  Things that go round and round, like ceiling fans, fascinate him.  He no longer uses a highchair, instead a booster.  He wants to try to do everything himself.  He says, "Gavin try".  If he can't do it, then he says, "Mommy try".  He gives lots of hugs and kisses, often on demand, and sweetly says, "Love you, Mama".   

3 comments:

Susan said...

What a character! Royal really enjoyed his visit with all of you last week.

Alexis said...

What a cutie! I'm imagining Snowbird with Gavin fascinated by the ceiling fans and Evan working the sliding screen doors. :)

Kenningtons said...

I love this age but the tantrums...oh, the tantrums! I never experienced terrible twos with KG so the mood swings with Dids are definitely a learning experience for everyone over here. Multiple times a day I find myself shaking my head while mumbling, "she must be two." Good times! Have fun on your trip. I'm excited to hear about it upon your return!