Sunday, June 24, 2012

June Happenings

June has been a busy month.  Here's what's been happening. 
1.  Adam and Matt have been taking swim lessons and attending a playground program. 
2.  We had a garage sale and made $600. 
3.  We spent a weekend in Wichita.  Robert had a CE course at the courthouse and Matt wanted to go to celebrate his birthday.  We were only there two days but we did lots--swimming twice, Botanical Gardens, Chuck E. Cheese, Toys-R-Us, McDonalds, amusement park, watched a movie and children's science museum. 
4.  Helped with Youth Conference by having a few young men stay in our home.
5.  Was released from being the RS president.  This has been a wonderful calling.  I was released last Sunday.  I felt like I had so much free time this week.  I was able to thoroughly clean my house.  It felt so good. 
6.  Was called as the stake RS president.  I've known about this since Easter but had to keep it quiet until it became official.  I'm excited to still be involved in RS.  This won't be as taxing as being the ward RS pres., but I still need to make sure I do a good job and am tending to the needs of the women in our stake.  This calling will involve a lot of travel, and our stake is huge.  It has units in Kansas, Colorado and Oklahoma.     
7.  We're leaving on Friday to take the boys to G&G Kennington in Leavenworth.  We'll be there the weekend to help get them settle and then Robert and I fly out Monday morning, to my beloved Germany. 

1 comment:

Susan said...

Have a wonderful trip!!