Matt is always up to something. He tends to see the humor in nearly everything. So, when he gets caught he laughs, which then makes us laugh and helps us see the humor in the situation. Typically sometime after school Matt ends up watching TV in my room. He often sneaks into the kitchen to get a snack. He thinks he's being quiet but I can always hear him scurrying about. Normally he's just getting a go-gurt or cheesestick so since they're healthy I don't make a big deal about it. Yesterday was no different. . . .so I thought. I heard him in the kitchen and then run back to my room. Later I went in to my room and found him on my bed with a 5 lb. bag of chocolate chips.
Another example of Matt's mischief: He likes anything physical, especially physical play. So he likes to play rough with Gavin. He trips him, tackles him, clotheslines him, etc. On Monday it got to be too much. Matt was too tempted, so we put him in his room to separate him from Gavin. Gavin then went and played in the backyard. I soon heard Matt yell through his bedroom window at Gavin and they started talking. This carried on for about 15 minutes. I didn't think much of it. I was busy preparing dinner. All of sudden I heard Matt laughing and he burst in the kitchen from the backyard. It stunned me for a second and then I asked, "Hey, how did you get out there?" Matt just laughed. I asked, "Did you pop your screen out?" Matt kept laughing. "Did you pop your screen out?" I asked, now sternly. "No", said Matt, while laughing. I knew something wasn't adding up. So I went to his room and checked out the window. He was right. He hadn't popped the screen out. He had cut it!
No comments:
Post a Comment