Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September Stuff

September is already half done and we'll be ending summer and starting fall (officially) this week.  It's hard to believe the kids have been in school for a month already.  This month began with a long, weekend trip for Robert and I to Miami.  We went over Labor Day.  It was an early, surprise birthday present for him.  His parents came down to watch the boys for us.  It was nice to relax on the beach.  We also went to a movie, went shopping, enjoyed the bay/port.  One morning we rented bikes and rode along the intracostal waterway, through the mangroves and along the water's edge.  It was so much fun.  Next summer we'd like to rent a canoe or kayaks (if I muster up the courage) and takes the older boys out. 

I've also been busy with my calling.  I'm really enjoying it.  I like visiting the other wards/branches and seeing how their Relief Societies are going and getting sense of where the sisters are out in their lives and what we as a stake RS presidency can do for them.  We had stake conference this past weekend.  It was busy for us. Saturday afternoon, I held my first leadership training meeting for the RS presidencies.  That went really well--so-so attendance but great participation.  Saturday evening was the adult session.  I spoke at that.  Sunday morning was the session for everyone.  We had a new bishopric put into our ward.  Robert is back in, as the 1st counselor.  I'm excited for him.  I think he's going to enjoy it--great men he'll be serving with it.  Crazy side note:  the wives of the new bishopric all served together in the RS presidency.  So, it's fun to think we're all back together again. 

2 comments:

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

Wow you've been busy. Glad to hear that everything for stake conference went well. I would have been a nervous wreck! Who is in the new bishopric?

Susan said...

Glad you were able to get away for a weekend. It sounds like you are doing a good job as stake RS pres. Congratulations to Robert on his new calling. Each ward needs stalwart members like you both.