Thursday, April 3, 2014

March Wrap-up

I don't feel like I do a very thorough job of blogging but I try.  It's my way of journal keeping.  It's not perfect but at least it's something we can look back on.  My sister-in-law told me about the website www.blog2print.com. I've used it to publish our blog into books.  The boys enjoy reading through them and remembering events from our past. 

Anyhow--as for March--here are the highlights.

1.  I signed Gavin up for preschool, starting in August.  He'll attend the same one Adam and Matt did.  He'll go MWF, in the afternoons. 
2.  Lots of potty-training happening at our house.  FINALLY!!  Gavin will be 4 y/o in May.
3.  I visited the Colby and Scott City wards for my calling.
4.  We had stake conference.  Which for me means holding leadership training for all the relief society presidencies.  Which for me means lots of planning and work. 
5.  Went out to dinner a couple of times with our friends, Cory & Kim Mills, and Lance & Amber Palmer.  We've all become quite good friends and do a lot together.  Kim, Amber and I served in a relief society presidency together, and then right after, Cory, Lance and Robert served in a bishopric together.  Our kids are friends--so it's been fun.  It's really nice to have good friends.  
6.  Adam did his first science fair project (more on that later).
7.  We watched Steven and Jackson Mills for a couple of days.  Their younger brother, Russell (Gavin's best friend), had eye surgery in Oklahoma City.  All of the boys had fun.  We don't do sleepovers, so this was the first "sorta" sleepover for our boys.  They all had a good time--and want to do it again. 
8.  Matt's basketball team won their tournament--1st place!  Matt really had fun playing on a team this year.  Their record was 5-3.  I'm sure this will now be an yearly activity for him. 
9.  Earlier in the year Matt was tested for the gifted program.  We got the results this month.  Although Robert and I wanted him to do it, Matt DID NOT!  He was begging us not to do it.  At the meeting, we found out he did make it into the program.  We talked with his teacher and the principal about how Matt felt, and we decided not to make him to do.  When we came home from the meeting, Matt asked what happened.  I told he made it in but we decided not to force him.  He was so happy that he jumped into my arms and gave me a big hug.  I figured we had made the correct decision after seeing his reaction. 
10.  Lastly, Robert signed a lease on a new office.  It is on the main drag in town, less than 1/2 mile from our house.  He gets to move in on May 1st.  We're excited.  Here's to hoping for increased business!

3 comments:

Kaysi said...

So good to hear an update. I've been missing garden a lot lately and all our good friends!!!!

Susan said...

Life is good!

Unknown said...

Even though we talked weekly, it is nice to read things that are going on in you lives!