Yesterday, Matt and I went on another field trip with Adam's class. We went to a dairy farm. It was awesome! I had never been to a dairy farm and found it fascinating. The owner took us on a tour and told us tons of info and statistics. Which, I love!! I love numbers! There are 13,000 cows at the farm and on average 25 new cows are born each day. Each cow is milked twice a day and gives at least 15 gallons of milk/day. The farm produces 55,000 gallons of milk every day. And it only takes 2 minutes for it to go from the cow to the milk truck. We got to go into the milking parlor and watch the cows being milked. All of the kids were squealing about how big the udders were. They were huge! Some kids even got to stick their fingers into the milking contraption to feel the squeeze and suction of it. We got to see how the milk then goes from the cow, through the filter and into the truck. Adam's class has gone on 5 field trips this year and they've all been really cool. It's times like these that I'm so glad I can stay home with my boys and have the opportunity to do things with his class.
Talking about cows--Robert and I are still doing weight watchers. Rob has lost 16 lbs and I've lost 10 lbs.
2 comments:
I love the comment at the end! So proud of both of you. See you soon!
The comment at the end is funny! Congrats on the weight loss! You guys are good examples.
Sounds like a fun field trip!! I'd like to go too!
Post a Comment