We had Spring Break this week and we did a bunch. So, I'm going to do a quick recap of each day.
Saturday--I drove Adam and Matt up to Leavenworth, KS (near Kansas City) to visit G&G Kennington. Went to McDonald's the 1st time.
Sunday--Went to church at 1pm. For the past 6 years, we've had church at 10am so the boys and I were a bit uncertain what to do during the morning.
Monday--Spent the day at the park and helping with yardwork. It was a beautiful day. Went to McDonald's the 2nd time.
Tuesday--Watched the Leavenworth St. Patrick's Day parade, which happened to be the boys' first parade. Then went to the Moon Marble Factory--great fun; it's our 4th time.
Wednesday--Left for home but only got to Topeka (1 hour away) before Adam threw up twice. I decided to go back to Leavenworth. Grandma was nice enough to fix me Chupe de Camarron (shrimp soup/stew--yumm-O)
Thursday--Adam was better so we drove back to Garden City to find a sick hubby. Went to McDonald's a 3rd time--spent $43 on McDonald's this week.
Friday--Couldn't sleep, so I went on my daily walk at 3 o'clock in the morning.
Saturday--Dug up a bunch of weeds and put a berm in our front yard. I only know what a berm is thanks to my gardening cousins, the Clasons.
So, that's been our week.
3 comments:
Wow what a week. You gotta love when a kid gets sick when you are traveling. So glad that you could help out the economy by buying American food :)
I hate looking back and realizing how much was spent on food. But happy kids are worth it all! Hope you are all feeling better!!
The stomach flu has been going around Emporia. Almost everyone I know has had it. I hope that the rest of you stay well. Do you have a recipe for Chupe de Camarron. Never heard of it but have a son who is a HUGE shrimp fan.
Post a Comment