Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I've just about got our garden in. Last month I planted lettuce, peas, broccoli and cauliflower. The peas are doing great. I'm really excited about them because I love to snack on raw snap peas. Two heads of lettuce have died but I've still got 7 left. And, I've solved the mystery of my "mystery" plants. They're pumpkins. I pulled one up and the seed was still attached. There are about 20+ plants. I'll definitely have to get rid of some, otherwise, our backyard will become the new local pumpkin patch. This morning I planted green beans, basil, and parsley. And, to pay homage to the great state of Kansas, I planted a couple of sunflowers. I thought it would be fun and they'd look pretty. I've still got to put in our tomatoes. It's just a matter of getting by hinie down to Home Depot to buy the plants. So, I'm hoping we'll have a good garden this summer. We've got a good variety--10 different things--so, we'll see.

1 comment:

Kenningtons said...

I remember when Mike and I were moving to UT and your dad took us into his garden and snapped off some fresh peas to snack on. SO YUMMY!!!! They were so sweet they could have been dessert! My mouth is watering just thinking about your garden...