We went down to Wichita this past weekend to look for a new car but had no such luck. We went to bunches of dealerships and nearly bought a Toyota Corolla yesterday but they just wouldn't budge enough on the price, so we said no. Thank goodness the dealership had one of those huge bouncy slides. The boys spent hours on that thing. Plus, they were grilling hotdogs and hamburgers so we got a free lunch. We drove down Saturday morning and looked at a few cars. We then checked into our hotel. We got a GREAT deal at the Hyatt Regency (thank you, priceline negotiator). It's right downtown, overlooking the Arkansas River. The hotel had a really nice indoor pool and a couple of hot tubs. So, we spent lots of time swimming. We made the obligatory visit to Chuck E. Cheese. We've learned not to eat there, though--just play the games. And went to Toys-R-Us. On Sunday we drove up to Emporia (an hour away) to visit our old ward and to show the boys around town. Adam was 3 y/o and Matt was 6 months old when we moved to Garden City from there. I thought Adam would remember a bit more but he didn't. So, now we're back in town, hoping we can find a car here.
----
A couple of days ago, Adam was talking about different kinds of jobs and wondering what kind of job he would like. He then asked, "Are there any jobs where you can get paid for doing nothing? Because I'm good at doing nothing."
----
Matt likes to write his name. For the past month he thinks it's fun to write it backwards--
T-T-A-M. Today he wrote it again backwards and asked me what it said, so I told him it says, "T'tam." He then said he wants that to be his new name and wants to be called "T'tam". He even wants us to tell his friends his new name.
7 comments:
Tell Adam to talk to Alan about that. He claims he has TWO jobs like that!!
Ryan's side of the fam called eachother their names spelled backwards growing up. T'tam is just starting early! He should call Adam Mada!
Good luck finding a car.
Wish I could have said a better hello when you were here in Emporia but I was conducting primary and had to get back. It was good to see you. Good luck finding a car.
I was going to post the same thing about Alan!
Your boys are so funny! Let Adam know that if he finds a job like that I will be his secretary! I want the big bucks though!!! I love Matt's new name.... they are soooo super cute!!!
I call Matt "Fathead" What is that backwards?
How about "wehttam"?
Post a Comment