Friday, May 22, 2009

R.I.P.

Our beloved Honda Accord has finally died. It's 18 years old and has over 197,000 miles on it. We're sad to see it go. We've had that car a long time. When we bought it we decided we were going to keep it until we "drove it into the ground", and that's what we've done. We're not going to be able to resell it, since it's literally dead, so our plans are to somehow get it to a junkyard and scrap it. So, we're off to Wichita this weekend to look for another car. That's not my favorite thing to do and I don't like spending a lot of $$ on cars, so hopefully we can find a good deal.

3 comments:

Owen said...

sometimes you can make more money selling individual parts than you can get if you just scrap it. -- alternator, radiator, etc.

Susan said...

You could donate it to a charity for a tax deduction.

Angela said...

Hey we both get something new this month!!! I got a new washer and dryer!!! Good luck with your car search!