This is a quick post before the time gets away from me. Robert went up to Kansas City on Thursday for work. He stayed through yesterday. He really only had to be there for Friday but it was his parents' 40th wedding anniversary (kudos to you guys) so he wanted to spend time with them. He got home late last night. The boys and I are leaving tomorrow for Cheyenne. My dad is checking their teeth. So, we're glad for the free dental care but bummed we can only be with Robert/Dad for a day.
----
Alas, tomorrow is a big day for another reason, too. It is Adam's last day taking his OCD medicine. He's been taking it daily for 16 months. It tastes terrible and has to be mixed with OJ. So, after tomorrow, Adam won't have to drink anymore orange juice, unless he wants to. Thank goodness! Every morning I have to repeat over and over, "drink your juice, drink your juice, drink your juice" and on and on and on. We've been waiting for this day for a long time. He has his last appt. with his doctor later this month. After that, we don't have to go back unless/until he starts up with his rituals. Yeah!!
-----
Yesterday our sunday school lesson was on temples--temple service/attendance, etc. It got me thinking that I want to attend the temple now with the sole purpose of doing service. I can't think of a time that I've gone to the temple simply to serve. I always think, "Oh, I need a boost-let's go to the temple", or I'm looking for an answer/guidance. There has always been something in it for me. Now, I'm thinking I'd like to take a year's time and every time we go, simply go to serve and not have any personal reason/desire/need be the reason for attending. And, then after the year's up, really reflect back on how my temple attendance and mindset have changed.
1 comment:
Wow, good for you Heidi! That's a great out look on Temples.
Yay for Adam!! No more medicine! Keep it up!
Have fun on your trip! Ryan's Dad is an orthodontist, so we've had some check ups with him, kinda cool!
Post a Comment