Thursday, October 8, 2009
Birthday Celebration....?
Yesterday was Robert's birthday. I won't say how old he is now, but the "less-than-a-year-to-enter-his-fourth-decade" countdown has begun. He took the day off, lounged around, watched TV, took some naps........because he was SICK. What a bummer-being sick on his birthday. We had an abbreviated version of a birthday party. No special birthday dinner--just chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. No birthday photos--he wasn't "beautified". And no birthday cake--at least for him. The boys and I enjoyed it. He finally felt better today and had a piece after lunch. Some type of flu bug has been going around here. Matt woke up at 4:30 this morning with a fever. He spent the morning in bed, when he wasn't throwing up. Adam finally felt better yesterday and went back to school. He had been sick since Friday. He said half of his class was absent yesterday. I haven't gotten sick yet and hopefully I won't. However, I'm exhausted from taking care of all of them and cleaning and disinfecting the house everyday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
The bug is making its way around our family too, it's not fun! Happy Birthday to Robert!
Happy birthday, Robert!! Too bad about being sick....YUCK!
What a bummer for Robert! I hope you all get better soon!!! Have fun with the germ killing..... I always tell my kids..... "There are two things you need to know, Germs and Jesus, you can't see either one of them but they are both always there!" Hope you have a good weekend!!!
Poor Robert...and Poor Heidi! It IS exhausting taking care of all the sick people around you. I hope you all are feeling better sooner than later.
And in reference to the previous post, maybe the dirt is just going away? That, or look on top of the ceiling fans and hanging light fixtures.
Hope ALL of you are feeling better by now. That's one ugly flu bug.
Post a Comment