Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fun Weekend

Call me crazy! On this Father's Day weekend, we decided to host Matthew's 5th birthday celebration and Gavin's baby blessing. Everyone had a fun time. There were a couple of times, though, I did think I must have been insane for doing all of this during one weekend. Matthew's 5th birthday was on Friday, the 18th. Every year I weigh and measure each of the boys on their birthdays. Matthew weighs 36.5 lbs and is 41.5 inches (3 feet 5.5 in.) tall. He gained 3.5 lbs. this past year and grew 2.5 inches. He has been very excited about turning 5 years old.
Matthew got to share his birthday celebration with his G&G Kennington, G&G Leonard and his Aunt Holly. As soon as Dad came home from work, Matt got to open up his presents. We then ate dinner at Golden Corral (Matt's choice).

Matt told me he wanted a robot cake. So, here's my attempt at one. I'm not too big on decorating cakes, but it was fun doing this for Matthew. Both he and Adam thought it was "super cool".


This morning we had Gavin's baby blessing at church. Robert gave him a nice blessing and he was calm and didn't fuss. Don't our three boys look handsome? Now the festivities are over. And I can relax a bit. And try to get Gavin back on his schedule.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I hope I wasn't too much trouble. I had a REALLY good time and I can't wait for Snowbird.