Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Long are past the nights of five hour naps. Gavin has found his "voice" and has definitely been using it. . . . .non-stop for the past nine days. He has gone from nursing seven times a day to 10 times. In fact, he is nursing so much, that during the 30 minute nap I got this morning I dreamt our doctor told us that Gavin now weighs 13.5 lbs, at 3 weeks old. He has not been fond of the pacifier either. Finally, this morning he decided it wasn't so bad. Oh, the tender mercies!
I feel too old to be doing this all over again. I don't have the energy at 36 like I did with Adam or Matt. I have decided, very definitely, that I will NOT be pregnant again, deliver another child or take care of a newborn. I am already thinking of preventive measures.

On a positive note, I have lost 22 lbs. And, sleeping on my back feels SO good. And, now I'm off, to once again, take care of a crying baby. Serenity now!!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Some women would love to have just one child. The Lord has blessed you with three. I am sure some days are more trying than others but you don't have to do it alone. Heavenly Father will help you and the rewards are eternal. I wish I was there to help too. I continue to be amazed as a teacher and now as a wannabee counselor at the impact whether good or bad, a mother can have on her children. I believe it is the greatest impact any mortal can have on another mortal. I don't mean to sound preachy. I love you and you are in my prayers.

Kenningtons said...

Man, the fourth trimester is TOUGH!!! There is no way to prepare for how hard it is and then around 4 weeks when baby starts smiling all of a sudden it's not so hard any more. Hope these next few weeks get easier you!

Alexis said...

Heidi, I hear you on those preventative measures! Those first three months were so exhausting. And I figure as long as I'm feeling like there's no way I could handle another baby (which I still feel), it's a sign that I'm not ready to have another one. But who knows, for me- maybe I couldn't have another even if I tried. I count my blessings.

I agree with everything Holly says, too. But that could be a whole blog entry in and of itself!