Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Dinner Update
Two or three weeks ago I posted that I was going to try (or demand) something new with getting my boys to eat dinner. If they eat their dinners every night, Sunday thru Friday, then on Saturday they get to have a Happy Meal. It's working! The first week they tanked. Only Rob and I got something on Saturday. (Side note--we didn't eat Happy Meals but Chinese instead.) The second week Adam and Matt did better. And this week has been great. I've intentionally cooked dishes that they wouldn't try before--one a chicken dish with a creamy mushroom sauce and the other sloppy joes. They tried them both AND really liked them. In fact, they asked for seconds, even thirds on the sloppy joes. Matt keeps reminding us that we get to go to McDonalds if we eat our dinner. Tomorrow I'm going to try a potato chowder. Neither of them like soup, but that's because they haven't been willing to try it. They do realize they only have two more dinners to go 'til Saturday so I'm hoping they eat it. We'll see how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's great that it is working! I'm sure it is nice to cook for 4 instead of just 2.
I am so glad it is working! I really should try this. I have one picky eater and she makes me nuts.
That's awesome Heidi, I may have to try something like that too cause Colton is SOOOO picky !
GREAT!!! I'm so glad this is working. It makes me laugh what motivates kids...! I'm going to try your tactic with Mike! HA!!
Post a Comment