Friday, November 7, 2008
November = Gratitude
We're trying to teach Adam and Matthew more about gratitude and being thankful. So, for the month of November, we are doing a couple of projects. The first is a 'gratitude' chart. I bought a posterboard and made a big grid on it (400+ squares). Each time someone shows gratitude or says 'thank you' we put a check in a square. We are trying to fill it up by Thanksgiving. The other project is a 'gratitude' journal. Each night during dinner we individually say what we are grateful for that day. We made a little booklet to write in so we have a record of it. Last night Adam said, "I am grateful that I tried my dinner and I didn't die." Ha-ha!! (See Nov. 5th post)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"I am grateful that I tried my dinner and I didn't die." -- just don't let that become a common theme! Too funny!
So funny Heidi - I am getting a kick out of the eating struggles - I am sure mine are about to begin with Big H. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment