Thursday, November 6, 2008
Obama Mania
I know lots of people having been posting about the election, so what's one more? I'm so excited that Obama won. I voted for him. To all my Mormon, Republican friends and relatives--don't pass out. I took a lot of time this election deciding who I wanted to vote for. In fact, I told myself I wasn't going to decide until Tuesday morning because I wanted to be open-minded to both candidates during the entire campaign and I really wanted to vote from my heart. I didn't want to vote for a candidate just because everyone was telling me who to vote for. I wanted to vote for who I WANTED. I felt this campaign season wasn't as negative as past ones. I think that speaks to the character of both Obama and McCain. I have always been a fan of McCain. I lived in Arizona for 10 years and he was my senator. I voted for him for President back in 2000. However, this year, I just felt like Obama had a better grasp of what America needs right now. I like his stance on immigration, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and his economic plan. I also think he really values collaboration and we, as a country, need that with the rest of the world. I'm by no means an expert on international affairs, but I have lived in three others countries besides the U.S. and have relatives in both Europe and South America. Most of the nations in those two continents are more socialistic that America and the people tend to dislike our politics. I think, because Obama leans more toward socialistic ideals, he can help unite us with the rest of the world. I do have high expectations for Obama. I really felt like when I voted for him, I was putting my trust and faith in him to change and improve America. I think he is really reaching out to everyone and sending out a "call to arms", meaning he expects us to rise and help him improve America. I get the sense that his presidency will expect more out of us as a population and doesn't want to be viewed as simply the politicians in D.C. that have little, if none, contact with the 'real folk'. Most of you and especially those that are much more political-savvy than me may think my writings are juvenile, and perhaps they are, but that's how I feel and I do my best to express them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I voted for McCain, but wasn't real upset that Obama won. I agree with you that Americans will expect a lot from him. I'm excited we have our first African American President and how much that means to the black community.
"I felt this campaign season wasn't as negative as past ones." - that's because you don't live in a battleground state. Holy cow! There were tons of attack ads here in CO.
You pretty much summed up my feelings about Obama, though. (I think Obama might have swept the Leonard siblings)
Only 74 more days before the village in Texas gets its idiot back! Woohoo!
Don't worry about going against the Mormon grain, Heidi, I think I and one other lady are the only registered Democrats in our ward, (at least the only vocal ones) but it works for us!
ahh yeah. obama 2008 for me too! -eddie
Post a Comment