Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'd Like One Roadtrip, Please

I had no idea how stifled I've felt here in Garden City this year until gas got cheap. As the price has gone down, I keep thinking, 'wow, I can go there or there or there and it will only cost me $20. Let's go.' I can now get a tank of gas (for a minivan) for less than $30, more like $25. I'm so ready to get out of here. In fact, because of that, we've decided to leave for the Christmas holidays. We had planned on staying here but now we're heading up to Cheyenne, WY for Christmas and then onto Leavenworth, KS for New Years. We are taking advantage of the crappy economy (cheap gas prices) and getting the heck out of here. Which makes me think of another point. Although the economy has gone down the flusher, it's definitely helped our 'personal economy'--cheap gas, great sales--I'll take it.

3 comments:

Jess said...

AMEN!!!!

Because of the crappy economy and cheap gas we can afford to bring two cars to KS next week. The kids and I are going all week, and then rick will join us when he gets off work wed night. How great is that? Happy travels!

Alexis said...

That's great news! It's going to be a Leonard family Christmas afterall!

Owen said...

gas has never been hard to come by in the Leonard family.

off topic - you theme is pretty, but it makes it hard to read the first several lines of any new posting.