Monday, November 30, 2009
CO/WY Trip
We had a fun week up in Colorado and Wyoming. We spent a couple of days in Fort Collins, celebrating (some more) Adam's birthday. What can be better than swimming, Toys-r-Us and Chuck E. Cheese? Tuesday afternoon we drove up to Cheyenne, so Grandpa could do dental exams on all of the boys. Adam had to have an extra procedure done, too. Thank goodness for free dental care and Grandpa. Talking about teeth--Adam lost two teeth while in Cheyenne. On Wednesday, Adam and Matt spent the day with Grandma, which means McDonalds, chocolate chip cookies, and new toys, while Robert, my sister, Holly, and I drove down to Denver to go to the temple. We didn't have Thanksgiving on Thursday because Derek, Alexis, Evan and Greta (my brother and family) weren't arriving 'til 6pm. We went to the Salvation Army during the morning and volunteered. My mom and stepdad also happened to be driving their truck through northern Colorado on Thursday so we all got to see them. That was a fun and unexpected surprise. Adam and Matt were enthralled with the big semi and all of it's buttons. Holly and I got up before 5am on Friday and headed out to do some shopping. I found some good toy deals. The great thing about shopping on Black Friday is I'm always home by 7am. Adam and Matt really enjoyed playing with their cousins, Evan and Greta. I wondered how much the boys would pay attention to them since they aren't quite two years old yet. But, they had great fun together. I think Adam and Matt loved the attention Evan and Greta gave to them. I was a bit surprised how patient Adam and Matt were with them. We had our big Thanksgiving dinner on Friday. Then on Saturday we went back down to Fort Collins to Owen and Kim's house (brother and sis-in-law). They train and board about eight horses on their property so Kim gave the kids pony-rides. Matt wasn't up for it this year but Adam really enjoyed it. In fact, he went twice. We then headed into town for some close-to-authentic British fish and chips, which were yummy. We're picky about our fish and chips since we've had the real thing from our relatives and travels in England and New Zealand. We burnt off lunch at the swimming pool. It was a fun Thanksgiving trip. We hadn't been anywhere for Thanksgiving for the past four years so it was nice to go and especially to have everyone there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so glad that you guys had so much fun!
It WAS a great visit. It was so fun to see the cousins all play together. Your boys were very good to the twins- Matt and Adam have a fan club now. Greta has asked for them both Monday and today.
It was so wonderful to see everyone on Thanksgiving -- this just made our day!!
Post a Comment