Sunday, March 21, 2010
Again.....?????
I don't even know how to make this humorous. Yes, this is our van. Yes, it is the third crash we've had in nine months. And, yes, this time it is totaled.
This weekend we swapped babysitting with some friends. Rob and I went out Friday night. After dinner and some shopping we picked the boys up. We had promised Matt we would switch a toy at McDonalds that he had gotten previously. We stopped by there and then headed home. We were less than half a mile from home when I noticed an SUV was not slowing down at a stopsign--no brakelights, nothing. We didn't have time to stop and he t-boned us. He hit us hard enough that our van spun around a couple of times, broke the back tire off and shattered the back window--besides the big dent in the side. This was by far the worst of the crashes. Both Adam and Matt were quite upset afterwards. Thankfully, none of us were hurt too much. Both Adam and I banged our heads on the windows, so they are a little sore. Our shoulders/necks hurt,too, from the seatbelts. My neck is really tight and Adam's has a burn on it from the strap. As for the baby, I think everything is okay. He's been moving around as usual and I haven't had anymore than normal contractions. I'm calling my doctor tomorrow to have an ultrasound done just to make sure. How is it possible to go 35+ years without one car accident and then have three in less than a year? What are the odds of that? Are there just a bunch of 'crazy-yahoos' driving out there? Or are we the 'yahoos'?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I can't believe the car is totaled! We're so glad that you guys are all right. The car can be replaced but you can't. As soon as we knew about the accident, we knelt in prayer and thanked the Lord for watching over you! Love, Grandpa & Grandma Chichi
I am glad that you guys are okay. I can't believe the damage.
Heidi! That sounds a little scary! I'm glad (sorry to say it) that you totalled that van, because personally I think it was cursed!! Do a happy dance when you take it to the junk yard!! Very glad that you guys were okay in all those wrecks, and especially this last one!
Holy crap! Glad you guys are ok.
Thank goodness you are all right.
Considering that the only time Keith gets called out for work, someone has driven into a building {yes that happens multiple times in GC}, I'm going to say 'they' are the yahoos!
Glad everyone was okay and I'm with Jennifer...do the happy dance as the cursed van goes away.
I am soooo glad everyone is ok and that your little one is still moving around. I hope you got the number off that SUV. That is really weird luck with the 3 accidents. Mabye it's a great time to upgrade the van! I vote for purple!!!
Post a Comment